!!

Welcome Guest!

Welcome to Atlas Productions - Cavern Of Creativity! As a guest, certain functions will not work. How about taking some time to register?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Astonishing Xmen Mullti forum Wip???
esn23
Undisclosed

SpriterCoderCharacter Designer
Most Recent Status: Wow Im almost finally done with coding Emma for BOR thanks albeastie for you help wish i knew what Blood did to the lights on dangerroom stage lol

07-17-2013 12:44 AM RE: Astonishing Xmen Mullti forum Wip???
I promised a sprite tutorial for how to do these kind of sprites and here it is.

Step 1 ) Choose a base it can literally be any base you want but remember the larger the base the more you will have to resize and the harder it will be to sprite.
Step 2 ) Resize using the percent option in phtoshop. If it is a mugen sprite you will want to probably resize it to 70 percent or more. If you dont have photoshop and need me to resize it for you than let me know. But try finding a base around the size you need so you dont have to do this. This is a size chart although alot of these sprites are not yet done in this style it will show you the size of how the sprites should be.

Step 3) Pal changing okay these sprites all should be 16 bit sprites which means no more than 16 colors per sprite and a lot of time less than that.. Here is what i try to keep it to.
3 colors for hair
3 colors to skin
6 colors for costume
2 for eyes
1 left over for whatever
The problem is with a ton of these sprites is that they have colors almost exactaly the same so what I do is change like colors to one color.. When your done with that the rest is easy.

Step 4) Now to get to the picture I posted above.. Outline your char in a color you wont use and thats not on the sprite.. Outline the entire sprite and also outline the darkest parts of your sprites.
Then erase all the excess crap that is not in your outline. Now following the shading already on your sprite shade over things you dont need. Like Armors belt. Once that is done color in your sprite. Lastly change the color you outlined your sprite in to black and thats it Have a nice day

WIPS

Find

Like Quote
DarkBloodbane
Indonesia

MotivatorCoder
Most Recent Status: It's Ramadhan and I'm fasting. It feels great! :D

07-17-2013 01:14 AM RE: Astonishing Xmen Mullti forum Wip???
Hmmm.... nice concept you have here. Before you start this, I think you need to confirm couple things:

1. Character Size
It's really important as we all know cause it will define gameplay later. One reason I don't like X-Men game on SNES is because of character size. Too big and reduces playing area. The one in Genesis has smaller character size and it's perfect IMO cause we have bigger playing area. So how big the character would be?
2. Special ability to travel
Well, it's obvious that each X-Men have special ability. My point here is ability for travelling in level, such as Nightcrawler's ability to climb which allows him to climb to ceiling and walls. I have to admit that ability makes the game easier (I play as Wolverine and some levels are easier with his climb ability) but that can be discussed later. Question is, will you allow these or everyone is forced to walk on ground, platforms etc (despite their ability)?

You need to have strict answers to these cause it will then define gameplay, level design and enemy design Have a nice day

"The more often enemy attacks, the more open they are to counterattacks"

OpenBoR Manual:

http://dcemulation.org/index.php5?title=OpenBORManual

WWW Find

Like Quote
esn23
Undisclosed

Most Recent Status: Wow Im almost finally done with coding Emma for BOR thanks albeastie for you help wish i knew what Blood did to the lights on dangerroom stage lol

07-17-2013 01:37 AM RE: Astonishing Xmen Mullti forum Wip???
Well for the most part enemies will be the same size as the playable characters so just as tall as beast or smaller.. The larger characters like apocolypse and blob would be bosses and subbossess so they would be in large open rooms.

I do think wolverine and beast should have a wall climb move if thats possible in open bor.

Also I was wondering if you can switch chars in mid level so you have to use certain powers to get past certain parts?

WIPS

Find

Like Quote
esn23
Undisclosed

07-17-2013 08:36 AM RE: Astonishing Xmen Mullti forum Wip???
The funny thing is there are NO GOOD BASES for gayclops I mean none the gba sprites do not have near the required spires netiher do the snes or genesis games the arcade ones are unusable when you resize them so i found a super easy base and here is my result Have a nice day

WIPS

Find

Like Quote
Ermax619
Micronesia

SpriterCoderMotivator
Most Recent Status: I think I'm already having a week break since a few days ago. I will get back to modding Unelmia if I have time. Later, I will work on my own projects.

07-17-2013 10:18 AM RE: Astonishing Xmen Mullti forum Wip???
Am I the only one who likes Cyclops? I know there's nobody in here likes him. Hahah. LOL Brzzzzz But he's not my favorite character like Ryu who is not my fave.

Verily known as maxman in Chrono Crash. Member of OpenBOR community since 2008.

Projects in Development:
-Dragon Duo (on-hold)
-Captain Commando (on-hold)
-Unelmia (on-hold)

Miscellaneous projects:
-OpenBoR tutorials (to be resumed at any moment)

WWW Find

Like Quote
esn23
Undisclosed

07-17-2013 10:21 AM RE: Astonishing Xmen Mullti forum Wip???
no im not a fan of him first he is too goody goody and has sucky powers then he is all emo and has sucky powers and now back to goody goody . Honestly i do not see how such a woman like emma would put up with his ass. But I will do him justice and give him some sick ass moves so dont worry. I also am not a fan of ironman or cap america lol

WIPS

Find

Like Quote
Doom
Argentina

SpriterCoder

07-17-2013 11:47 AM RE: Astonishing Xmen Mullti forum Wip???
(07-17-2013 10:18 AM)Ermax619 Wrote:  Am I the only one who likes Cyclops?

CoryRu likes Cyclops, too. Hope my fake smile works again

http://cavernofcreativity.com/Atlas/Thre...?pid=13388

Find

Like Quote
O Ilusionista
Brazil

Coder
Most Recent Status: Been very busy at RL. Gosh, I want time to work on my OpenBOR and Mugen stuff again :(

07-17-2013 01:00 PM RE: Astonishing Xmen Mullti forum Wip???
Cyclops is ok to me. Not good, not bad.
I don't plan to add him to our game tough.

WWW Find

Like Quote
esn23
Undisclosed

07-17-2013 10:20 PM RE: Astonishing Xmen Mullti forum Wip???
I dont blame anyone for not liking him but unfourtantly he is one of the leaders of astonishing xmen which sucks i wish they had someone else besides cyclops and wolverine but what can you do Have a nice day

WIPS

Find

Like Quote
Ermax619
Micronesia

SpriterCoderMotivator
Most Recent Status: I think I'm already having a week break since a few days ago. I will get back to modding Unelmia if I have time. Later, I will work on my own projects.

07-18-2013 12:45 AM RE: Astonishing Xmen Mullti forum Wip???
(07-17-2013 11:47 AM)Doom Wrote:  CoryRu likes Cyclops, too. Hope my fake smile works again

Didn't know he likes Cyclops. If CoryRu was here, he would help out esn with this project. We know he likes X-Men. He comes around here sometimes. Been so long.

Verily known as maxman in Chrono Crash. Member of OpenBOR community since 2008.

Projects in Development:
-Dragon Duo (on-hold)
-Captain Commando (on-hold)
-Unelmia (on-hold)

Miscellaneous projects:
-OpenBoR tutorials (to be resumed at any moment)

WWW Find

Like Quote

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)