!!

Welcome Guest!

Welcome to Atlas Productions - Cavern Of Creativity! As a guest, certain functions will not work. How about taking some time to register?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[OBOR] [DEMO-BOR] Avengers United Battle Force
O Ilusionista
Brazil

Coder
Most Recent Status: Been very busy at RL. Gosh, I want time to work on my OpenBOR and Mugen stuff again :(

01-04-2014 09:54 PM [DEMO-BOR] Avengers United Battle Force
After some really hard work, we are proud to present you the first demo of the project Avengers United Battle Force.

INFO

Avengers United Battle Force was made using OpenBOR engine. Everything started as Doom's pratice project, so he could learn how to work with this new engine. After some time, he had invited O Ilusionista to join him and...everything got bigger and now its a full project.

The idea is, somehow, to pay a homage to the original Arcade game called Captain America and the Avengers, which every of us loved when was a kid, but with a new interpretation. All kudos to Data East and Marvel for the original game!

(But guys, seriously, that game has a LOT of size errors... Juggernaut has almost the same size of Iron Man? No way. And why the hell he would use a bazooka? The guy IS a bazooka himself, lol)

GAMEPLAY

While we use some gameplay from the original game, we added many things:

- At least, 2 special moves per char. Some chars have more moves.
- Each char is unique in some way: They have different values for life, attack, defense, power, speed and range.
- Some chars have passive skills (like regeneration), some have unique skills (like fyling mode).
- Breakout move (for dangerous times), rise attacks
- Unique AVENGER POWER per char, like a Desesperation Move. Consumes all the power bar but does a lot of damage.
VIDEO PREVIEW

Download

PC download here: http://brazilmugenteam.com/avengers
Works in Android if you have the app version of OpenBOR, just copy the "avengers.pak" from the PAKS folder

This is a technical demo, so bugs can occur. Please, inform any bug you find!

WWW Find

Like Quote
Trexrell44
United States of America

MotivatorSpriterCoder
Most Recent Status: need to sleep. than do best selene vid and immediately help yin there after.

01-04-2014 10:35 PM RE: [DEMO-BOR] Avengers United Battle Force
Yin and I had a lot of fun wish it were longer though. Burt it is extremely fun!!!

Find

Like Quote
Yin
United States of America

SpriterCoderCharacter Designer
Most Recent Status: Obviously, I've been working on the website some more. Hope you guys are liking it thus far. It's a constant thing for me looking for ways to improve the look, feel, and functions of the site.

01-04-2014 11:15 PM RE: [DEMO-BOR] Avengers United Battle Force
Once I figured out how to change arrows with hawkeye, things became very interesting lol.

WWW Find

Like Quote
O Ilusionista
Brazil

Coder
Most Recent Status: Been very busy at RL. Gosh, I want time to work on my OpenBOR and Mugen stuff again :(

01-04-2014 11:37 PM RE: [DEMO-BOR] Avengers United Battle Force
URGENT NOTICE: if you game says "version 05.01.14", please DOWNLOAD IT AGAIN. There was a bug on the BOSS ROOM (crashes the game) and some leftovers on 2 chars).

The fixed version is 06.01.14

WWW Find

Like Quote
Yin
United States of America

Most Recent Status: Obviously, I've been working on the website some more. Hope you guys are liking it thus far. It's a constant thing for me looking for ways to improve the look, feel, and functions of the site.

01-05-2014 01:10 AM RE: [DEMO-BOR] Avengers United Battle Force
We didn't experience any crashes, but I noticed some moves were friendly fire and some others were not. Like Emma's psychic mirage was killing the crap out of trex lol.
Also, we could walk under that red car.

WWW Find

Like Quote
Ermax619
Micronesia

SpriterCoderMotivator
Most Recent Status: I think I'm already having a week break since a few days ago. I will get back to modding Unelmia if I have time. Later, I will work on my own projects.

01-05-2014 02:18 AM RE: [DEMO-BOR] Avengers United Battle Force
Only one bug/error, Yin. The only bug is Boss room. I did encounter the same bug as he mentioned when I went there. I'm redownloading it for no errors.

Quote:Also, we could walk under that red car.

Behind it or on top of it?

Verily known as maxman in Chrono Crash. Member of OpenBOR community since 2008.

Projects in Development:
-Dragon Duo (on-hold)
-Captain Commando (on-hold)
-Unelmia (on-hold)

Miscellaneous projects:
-OpenBoR tutorials (to be resumed at any moment)

WWW Find

Like Quote
aL BeasTie
Australia

SpriterCoderSounds!!

01-05-2014 03:14 AM RE: [DEMO-BOR] Avengers United Battle Force
Just wanted to say, O Ilusionista has done a tremendous job at tweaking the gameplay of this MOD.

During development it was already fun to play when I first got a copy of it,
but through his attention to detail and diligent tweaking of moves, animations, sprites etc.
it just kept getting better!

Some minor bugs will always show up, it's OpenBOR ;)

(off topic)
What's also awesome is how this project and others, has seen a lot of the chronocrash/atlas/mugen/openbor community coming together lately.

This has hopefully raised the bar for OpenBOR development, and will encourage more people to work together on projects in the future.

Small efforts combined create greater things.

This is how OpenBOR even exists in the first place!

aL BeasTie, proud to be a member of Atlas Productions - Cavern Of Creativity since Nov 2012.

WWW Find

Like Quote
Yin
United States of America

01-05-2014 07:29 AM RE: [DEMO-BOR] Avengers United Battle Force
(01-05-2014 02:18 AM)Ermax619 Wrote:  Behind it or on top of it?

Definitely under, we could jump on top of it too.. I'll take a screenshot of it later.
Not sure if this was intentional or not, but if you die as emma in diamond mode, she comes back in diamond mode (unless you use a continue.

(01-05-2014 03:14 AM)aL BeasTie Wrote:  Just wanted to say, O Ilusionista has done a tremendous job at tweaking the gameplay of this MOD.

but through his attention to detail and diligent tweaking of moves, animations, sprites etc.

Some minor bugs will always show up, it's OpenBOR ;)

(off topic)
What's also awesome is how this project and others, has seen a lot of the chronocrash/atlas/mugen/openbor community coming together lately.

This has hopefully raised the bar for OpenBOR development, and will encourage more people to work together on projects in the future.

Small efforts combined create greater things.

This is how OpenBOR even exists in the first place!

I can definitely tell a lot of love, detailing and polishing went into this! I love the combined efforts of the communities and to see what it creates is magic. Again, this is a great job on this! Congratulations Doom and O. All it did was leave us wanting more!

I also like that it was sort of challenging and there were a great variety of enemies!

WWW Find

Like Quote
O Ilusionista
Brazil

Coder

01-05-2014 11:14 AM RE: [DEMO-BOR] Avengers United Battle Force
(01-05-2014 01:10 AM)Yin Wrote:  We didn't experience any crashes, but I noticed some moves were friendly fire and some others were not. Like Emma's psychic mirage was killing the crap out of trex lol.
Also, we could walk under that red car.

I smell a little revenge here huh? Women are all the same, lol
You are right about the friednly fire on Emma, I already fixed it. Any other move does that?

About the car...well, its beyond my skills (and, in fact, a engine limitation). I remember I spent a lot of time trying to fix it, without success.

Quote:Not sure if this was intentional or not, but if you die as emma in diamond mode, she comes back in diamond mode (unless you use a continue.
Its intentional. She will come back on the mode she had died.

Quote:Just wanted to say, O Ilusionista has done a tremendous job at tweaking the gameplay of this MOD.

Thanks man. But you and Doom are responsible for that too. The game would not be the same with you guys.

WWW Find

Like Quote

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)