!!

Welcome Guest!

Welcome to Atlas Productions - Cavern Of Creativity! As a guest, certain functions will not work. How about taking some time to register?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
[OBOR] MORTAL KOMBAT - The Chosen One
dantedevil
Uruguay

12-21-2018 03:29 AM RE: MORTAL KOMBAT - The Chosen One
The last level before the figh with Vega!
Many deadly traps await you...

dantedevil, proud to be a member of Atlas Productions - Cavern Of Creativity since Dec 2012.

WWW Find

Like Quote
[-] The following 1 user Likes dantedevil's post:
Ermax619 (12-24-2018 05:57 AM)
dantedevil
Uruguay

12-25-2018 12:08 PM RE: MORTAL KOMBAT - The Chosen One
Finally the new demo is here!

Time to enjoy!!!

http://cavernofcreativity.com/Atlas/Thre...Chosen-One

Merry Christmas!!!

dantedevil, proud to be a member of Atlas Productions - Cavern Of Creativity since Dec 2012.

WWW Find

Like Quote
Ermax619 (12-25-2018 08:46 PM)
Ermax619
Micronesia

SpriterCoderMotivator
Most Recent Status: I think I'm already having a week break since a few days ago. I will get back to modding Unelmia if I have time. Later, I will work on my own projects.

12-25-2018 08:45 PM RE: MORTAL KOMBAT - The Chosen One
@dantedevil: Yuush Congratulations, Dante! Glad you got time to release it. I will try it out. It's a really great Christmas gift from you to the OpenBOR community. Have a nice day I applaud for your accomplishment of the demo.

Verily known as maxman in Chrono Crash. Member of OpenBOR community since 2008.

Projects in Development:
-Dragon Duo (on-hold)
-Captain Commando (on-hold)
-Unelmia (on-hold)

Miscellaneous projects:
-OpenBoR tutorials (to be resumed at any moment)

WWW Find

Like Quote
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ermax619's post:
dantedevil (12-25-2018 10:43 PM)
dantedevil
Uruguay

12-25-2018 10:43 PM RE: MORTAL KOMBAT - The Chosen One
(12-25-2018 08:45 PM)Ermax619 Wrote:  @dantedevil: Yuush Congratulations, Dante! Glad you got time to release it. I will try it out. It's a really great Christmas gift from you to the OpenBOR community. Have a nice day I applaud for your accomplishment of the demo.

Thanks for your words my friend!

Merry Christmas!!!

WWW Find

Like Quote
dantedevil
Uruguay

01-08-2019 02:11 AM RE: MORTAL KOMBAT - The Chosen One
Finally version 4.7 is ready to download!

- I have worked detail by detail in each level, to eliminate any bug.
- I have managed to improve the functioning of some levels as well.
- I have corrected some small errors in the dialogues in English.
- I have added escape animation in the "anim rise", to several of the most advanced enemies.
- I have improved the operation of many of the traps.
- I have decided to modify the reinforcements that Vega calls, because the Hunters act persecuting you all the time and do not give Vega a chance to shine through his enormous variety of attacks.

Enjoy:

http://cavernofcreativity.com/Atlas/Thre...Chosen-One

WWW Find

Like Quote
Ermax619 (01-08-2019 11:16 PM)
Ermax619
Micronesia

SpriterCoderMotivator
Most Recent Status: I think I'm already having a week break since a few days ago. I will get back to modding Unelmia if I have time. Later, I will work on my own projects.

01-08-2019 11:22 PM RE: MORTAL KOMBAT - The Chosen One
Hey Dante. Great update, man! I'm sorry for being too late on this. I was going to show you an error before you released it. I better be late than never to show this.

Sometimes, when you're in Training Lessons mode and do some Fatalities, the enemy dummy jumps out of the screen instead of the pipe. I was doing this many times to test it.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Verily known as maxman in Chrono Crash. Member of OpenBOR community since 2008.

Projects in Development:
-Dragon Duo (on-hold)
-Captain Commando (on-hold)
-Unelmia (on-hold)

Miscellaneous projects:
-OpenBoR tutorials (to be resumed at any moment)

WWW Find

Like Quote
dantedevil
Uruguay

01-09-2019 10:39 AM RE: MORTAL KOMBAT - The Chosen One
(01-08-2019 11:22 PM)Ermax619 Wrote:  Hey Dante. Great update, man! I'm sorry for being too late on this. I was going to show you an error before you released it. I better be late than never to show this.

Sometimes, when you're in Training Lessons mode and do some Fatalities, the enemy dummy jumps out of the screen instead of the pipe. I was doing this many times to test it.

Thanks for the information my friend, I'm going to kick it right now.

WWW Find

Like Quote
dantedevil
Uruguay

01-24-2019 06:21 PM RE: MORTAL KOMBAT - The Chosen One
I'm sorry, but I was forced to go away because currently my times have changed significantly.
This las year I started studying the graphic design career, something that will serve me a lot to apply in a large part of the game.
But the bad thing is that between work and study, I have very little free time and I must share it between the family, friends, etc.
Still never stop working in the game, even if it's a little time I've always dedicated it and that's why today I want to share with you some of the news I'm working on now.

Here we can see the first real appearance of orchid in the game, when it joins the rest of the heroes in history.
It should be remembered that orchid will not be a selected character from the beginning, but it will be available from a certain part of the story.

In the new missions we will create levels with traps and some stealth, for this reason I have developed a new feature. At certain specific levels of this type, the BLOCK button will be used to crouch (Thanks to the help of Bloodbane).
This will serve us to dodge things, or also to hide behind a small wall. This will give us a new gameplay for the future missions, making the game even more varied.

Here I leave some images of one of the new levels with traps, where we will have to use the block button to crouch:

Last year it didn't leave me much margin between work and study, but it always gave me a little time to continue with my project. I made several general changes to the structure of the game before continuing with the new stages and enemies.

-I started by rearranging the sprites of the pain animations of all the enemies, making it more practical for when I have to create new ones.
- When modifying the sprites, I had to change all the animations of each enemy, to adjust the offset to the new system.
- I modified Orchid's third fatality with a new one, because it was very difficult to adapt new enemies to animation.
- I changed all the screens of the "Move List" of each character, using the "Bitmap Font" Program to make the letters more readable.
- I made a new structure of the paths of adventure, so that some of the most spectacular scenarios and bosses were not left out, so that no matter the path you take, they will always go through those great stages.
- I made modifications in the movements of some heroes, as for example now Lui Kang can give a burst of punches, as he does in Street Fighter "E.Honda" when pressing the attack button many times.

And some more fixes that greatly optimized the operation of the game ...

As for the new ones, I already have some robotic enemies, totally finished.
New stages with traps, surveillance cameras that activate huge Machine guns, so you have to go unnoticed using stealth to survive.

Meanwhile, here's a sample of one of the new enemies.
This current one just like a bike, but to take it down we must give it a few strikes.
He also has the particularity of always attack where the hero is, making him a very annoying and dangerous enemy.
To make this possible, I use the scripts of Bloodbane of his Crime Buster mod.

Taking advantage of the knowledge I'm acquiring in my studies, I've been working on new effects of lights and shadows for the stages.
Here you can see the Stage 2-3 with the new effects of lights and shadows.

I hope to share some of the progress soon, but I can assure you that the project is more alive than ever.

WWW Find

Like Quote
dantedevil
Uruguay

12-21-2020 09:33 AM RE: MORTAL KOMBAT - The Chosen One
Hello friends!
After so long I am back with many news. Finally I have finished the 2 years of the Graphic Design career and I have the necessary free time again, to dedicate myself fully to the game.
Lately I have worked a lot on polishing certain details of the game, graphics, gameplay, movements, stages, history, and even fatalities.
There have been many changes compared to version 4.7 that I released. I have added alternative paths in all the voids, so there are now new stages to explore, for this reason a lot of dialogues have also been modified, to give more consistency to the story.
Some heroes have gained new special movements, others I have improved some of the existing ones or corrected in some cases, and in others I have even modified the fatality for a function issue. As the days go by I will share information about all these changes, as there is so much to show.
About what is coming in future missions, there are also many news and I am right now working on it.

For now I share some of the news, here you can see how I have optimized the MOVES LIST screens of the characters, so that everything looks better and is more attractive, as well as legible.

WWW Find

Like Quote
Ermax619 (12-28-2020 07:32 PM)
dantedevil
Uruguay

12-26-2020 04:30 PM RE: MORTAL KOMBAT - The Chosen One
Now is the time for some news:

Here you can see some of the new stages that will appear as new alternate paths in missions.

WWW Find

Like Quote
Ermax619 (12-28-2020 07:30 PM)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)