!!

Welcome Guest!

Welcome to Atlas Productions - Cavern Of Creativity! As a guest, certain functions will not work. How about taking some time to register?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[OBOR] Mighty Morphin Power Rangers by mersox
Ermax619
Micronesia

SpriterCoderMotivator
Most Recent Status: I think I'm already having a week break since a few days ago. I will get back to modding Unelmia if I have time. Later, I will work on my own projects.

12-22-2013 01:56 AM Mighty Morphin Power Rangers by mersox
Link:
http://www.chronocrash.com/forum/index.php?topic=1111.0

PID/WIP by mersox

UPDATE: I am working at the moment on this mod. It's not shelved! The following post is outdated:

-------------------------

This is a mod I was working on in early 2011. I switched to a Mac since then and I abandoned the project. It wasn't until recently that I discovered that I could use Openbor in Mac OSx, but for some reason this mod crashes on my computer so this project is on hold for the time being. If anyone wants to work on it, be my guest (just let me know beforehand, I would like to know Have a nice day )

So, what is this? Well, originally this was going to be an updated version of the Mighty Morphing Power Rangers: The Movie game for Sega Genesis. That game had nice graphics but a slow, repetitive gameplay, annoying music and a dull color palette.

So the original idea involved remaking the game with new music (the same tracks but from a different source), recoloring the graphics using the palette from the Power Rangers games for the SNES, and reducing the number of bad guys and/or making them weaker, so the gameplay would be more fluid and you wouldn't find yourself in the same screen for what would seem like hours.

Eventually I decided to take some liberties with the game. The megazord scenes were scrapped, as was the change of the cast (the sega game went from using the season one cast to the movie cast with no rhyme or reason, just like in the show). I decided to keep the original cast through the whole game.

Additionally, if you lose half of your energy bar, you would demorph to human form.

The game is veeeery raw right now. The only thing completed was the Red Ranger sprites and animation, and the Putty Patrollers animaton (the sprites of the latter till need a bit of recoloring)

There is only one stage right now, but the change to morphed to unmorphed ranger works, although it is too abrupt and buggy sometimes. It definitely requires a transformation animation in between. The sprites for the human form of the Red Ranger require some tampering as well.

Anyway, here it is. I decided to upload it because even if I don't continue with it, at least it's out there. Might be useful for someone else.

=======================

Previews/Updates:

Verily known as maxman in Chrono Crash. Member of OpenBOR community since 2008.

Projects in Development:
-Dragon Duo (on-hold)
-Captain Commando (on-hold)
-Unelmia (on-hold)

Miscellaneous projects:
-OpenBoR tutorials (to be resumed at any moment)

WWW Find

Like Quote
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ermax619's post:
Yin (12-25-2013 11:55 AM)
Trexrell44
United States of America

MotivatorSpriterCoder
Most Recent Status: need to sleep. than do best selene vid and immediately help yin there after.

12-25-2013 09:58 AM RE: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers by mersox
This is the coolest Power ranger game EVER! I love how they fight without their ranger suits. The black ranger is doing his trademark break dance fight. This is awesome.

Find

Like Quote
Ermax619
Micronesia

SpriterCoderMotivator
Most Recent Status: I think I'm already having a week break since a few days ago. I will get back to modding Unelmia if I have time. Later, I will work on my own projects.

06-06-2014 02:28 AM RE: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers by mersox
Posts by mersox (via Chrono Crash)

In the meantime, a video of Tommy (as the White Ranger):

-------------

Green Ranger clip:

Projects in Development:
-Dragon Duo (on-hold)
-Unelmia (on-hold)

Miscellaneous projects:

WWW Find

Like Quote
esn23
Undisclosed

SpriterCoderCharacter Designer
Most Recent Status: Wow Im almost finally done with coding Emma for BOR thanks albeastie for you help wish i knew what Blood did to the lights on dangerroom stage lol

06-06-2014 04:58 AM RE: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers by mersox
although it is a cool mod if you played this game on the snes they fight both with ranger suits and without and morph like that in the middle of stages

WIPS

Find

Like Quote
Doom
Argentina

SpriterCoder

06-06-2014 06:50 AM RE: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers by mersox
Wow ... looks fantastic ... Eyes on fire
Thanks for sharing ... Have a nice day

http://cavernofcreativity.com/Atlas/Thre...?pid=13388

Find

Like Quote
Ermax619
Micronesia

SpriterCoderMotivator

06-07-2014 07:09 PM RE: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers by mersox
New vid:

-----------------------

Cave stage 90% done. Comparison pic:

Projects in Development:
-Dragon Duo (on-hold)
-Unelmia (on-hold)

Miscellaneous projects:

WWW Find

Like Quote
Ermax619
Micronesia

SpriterCoderMotivator

07-07-2014 04:30 AM RE: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers by mersox
Sorry guys for delaying the updates from mersox. Last one was updated today while the first ones are the ones left off after the last one updated.

More Zord screenshots:

---------------------

I created a Facebook page for the game, where I will be posting updates. It may be easier to follow the progress of the project in there, I don't know. Let's see how it goes. Here's the address:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Power-Ran...0400289763

I should have a new gameplay video up soon

-------------------------

------------------------

New title screen, now with the proper title:

Projects in Development:
-Dragon Duo (on-hold)
-Unelmia (on-hold)

Miscellaneous projects:

WWW Find

Like Quote
Trexrell44
United States of America

MotivatorSpriterCoder
Most Recent Status: need to sleep. than do best selene vid and immediately help yin there after.

07-07-2014 12:08 PM RE: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers by mersox
Cool for some reason I love that the music from the show is used. It is very cheesey but it works lol.

Find

Like Quote

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)